Samtech Aviation is looking for a Simulator Technician II in the Sanford, Fl area.
This job category is involved with installing, repairing, rebuilding, and maintaining in efficient operating condition, a wide variety of electrical, electronic, computational, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment found on simulators and other training devices.
• Under close supervision, provides Projector support for research, design, development or manufacturing activities for various customers.
• Applies Electronic theory to lay out, build, test, troubleshoot, repair and modify engineering prototypes and RC products.
• Sets up and operates standard equipment, and under close supervision becomes familiar with programming languages used on automated equipment.
• Documents mechanical design and modifications.
• Assists engineers with the development of new engineering processes and/or products to ensure their manufacturability.
• Perform as member of design team utilizing effective communication skills.
• Becomes familiar with written/verbal instruction methods used by customers.
• May perform other tasks as requested by leadership.
• Actively participates in team decision making.
• Performing administrative tasks associated with the position.
• Adhere to all applicable Environmental, Safety and Health procedures.
• Operate in accordance with Corporate, Operations, and Division policies, procedures and practices and in compliance with accepted business ethics
•Will be required to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
•Must be able to generate effective oral and written presentations and proposals on complex subjects.
• Must be able to calculate figures and amounts, prices, commissions, and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
• Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• An ability to interpret complex customer requirements and attitudes from verbal, non-verbal, and written communication is desirable. Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and drawings.
• Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
• Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds over head.
• Must be able to walk and/or climb stairs and ladder into a simulator or airplane cockpit.
• Must be able to stoop, bend, and crawl on top of or under the device.
• Must be able to detect odors or hear noises, bangs, etc., or other sounds to detect problems or flaws in the functioning of simulators and its surrounding environment.
• Must be able to distinguish colors.
• Shop floor environment.
• Will be working in areas with risk of electrical shock from moving mechanical parts driven by hydraulics under high pressure.
• Will at times be exposed to the following conditions: extreme heat, airborne particles, loud noises.
• Associate’s degree or, in absence of a degree, minimum of 3 years of work experience required
• Must have knowledge of hand tools and have exceptional attention to detail
•Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex word and technical documents/diagrams
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Samtech Aviation
You Need The Right People To Succeed. Samtech Aviation Supports Short-Term, Seasonal, High-Volume And Niche Contract Requirements. We Also Provide Contract-To-Hire Talent For Project-Based Support With The Option To Hire Our Contractors As Permanent Employees, Or Find The Permanent Top Talent Your Company Needs Today. By Listening To Our Clients’ Business Needs, We Have Gained A Unique Perspective Into How We Can Help.
We Take The Time To Listen And Understand Your Business. Our Industry-Specific Recruiters And Account Teams, Combined With Our Access To The Best Talent, Ensure That We Locate, Screen And Place Only The Most Qualified Employees.
But We Don’t Stop There. We Stay Connected With You To Ensure Our Employees Are Meeting Your Expectations And We Are Delivering On Our Promises.
Working Together, We Develop A Strategic Partnership To Provide Workforce Consultation To Make Your Staffing Process More Effective And Evolve Your Business.