AVTEK SOLUTIONS is looking for a Manager, Simulator Hardware Integration and testing for the Montreal, Qc area.
Reporting to the Director, Validation and Regulatory Affairs, the Manager of the Hardware Integration and Testing is responsible for managing the activities required to plan, prepare and execute simulator hardware configuration, testing and troubleshooting by the Hardware Integration and Testing Technicians.
• Schedule and manage the daily activities of the Hardware Integration and Testing team, in coordination with the Director, Validation and Regulatory Affairs
• Ensure that project deadlines and installation requirements are met, and furnish weekly status reports to the Director, Validation and Regulatory Affairs
• Ensure that the resource levels are appropriate for the planned workload, with hiring and training responsibility
• Prepare periodic resource allocation, staffing and training plans for the review of the Director, Validation and Regulatory Affairs
• Assign tasks, delegate responsibilities and follow up on specific work within the Hardware Integration and Testing team
• Conduct annual reviews of team resources
• Address complaints and resolve problems within the team
• Develop and implement procedures, guidelines and policies to ensure a safe and productive working environment for the team
• Promote teamwork, continuously improve productivity, and ensure quality of product delivery
• Provide and coordinate remote support for the team members when they are at customer sites around the world
• Provide resources for customer support and production when requested (to resolve issues, provide training, validate technical documentation updates, etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, industrial engineering or related discipline with minimum 4 years experience in a management position; or Technical Degree in a related discipline with minimum 6 years experience in a management position.
• Proven performance in a team environment, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Customer service or customer acceptance experience.
• Thorough command of English (oral and written). Preferably a second language at conversational level.
• Demonstrated experience in the bench testing of complex Electro-mechanical assemblies and testing of completed devices of similar complexity to a FSTD
• Must be autonomous, proactive, resourceful, methodical and structured.
• Must have excellent leadership skills and motivation.
• Experience in the aircraft simulation industry or a related domain (asset).
About Avtek Solutions
AVTEK Solutions is a global supplier of manpower and talent recruiting. We have an international network of partners and agents, making us a truly global player that offers services worldwide.
We provide first class staffing services to the Aviation & Aerospace industry globally.
We play a big role in providing staff to flight training centers around the world. Our account managers are experts in Aviation & Aerospace industry with many years of experience with OEM’s in Canada and their major suppliers. Our experience in the Aviation & Aerospace industry allows us to place the right people in the right positions for mutual benefits of our clients and candidates.