AVTEK SOLUTIONS is looking for a Flight Simulation and Training Device Test Engineer for the Montreal, Qc area
Reporting to the Director, Validation & Regulatory Affairs, the FSTD test engineer is primarily responsible for the conduct and management of flight simulation training device (FSTD) acceptance test procedures at our Ville St-Laurent location and at customer locations throughout the world as required, dealing closely with customer and regulatory authority representatives.
• Participate in development, modification and conduct of acceptance test procedures for FSTD projects.
• Ensure FSTDs assigned have met defined completion milestones through the use of Test Readiness Reviews and gates prior to commencing any testing or acceptance.
• Manage testing of FSTDs (usually with a type rated pilot) using approved test procedures.
• Document/communicate as required all hardware and software anomalies found during testing.
• Support the engineering departments as required during the investigation of anomalies.
• Assist and guide customers during their evaluation of FSTDs in plant and when necessary at the client site upon delivery.
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in aeronautical or engineering discipline.
• Minimum 4 years experience in FSTD testing, acceptance, and/or regulatory qualification exposure of the following FSTD types:-
o EASA/FAA (or equivalent) Level D Full flight Simulator (FFS)
• Knowledge of avionics and aircraft systems:
o Multi engine (jet or turboprop) commercial transport category fixed or rotary wing aircraft, specifically A320, A350, A380, Boeing 737, 777 and/or 787.
• Experience with aircraft manufacturers data packages and OEM platforms.
• Experience with Airbus and/or Boeing training products.
• Intermediate or better knowledge of C++ programming.
• Must work well in a team environment with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Customer service or project management experience.
• Thorough command of the English language (oral and written). Preferably a second language at conversational level.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office utilitites.
• Willing to work flexible schedules, and potentially travel to worldwide locations for extended periods of time.
• Must be autonomous, methodical and structured.
About Avtek Solutions
AVTEK Solutions is a global supplier of manpower and talent recruiting. We have an international network of partners and agents, making us a truly global player that offers services worldwide.
We provide first class staffing services to the Aviation & Aerospace industry globally.
We play a big role in providing staff to flight training centers around the world. Our account managers are experts in Aviation & Aerospace industry with many years of experience with OEM’s in Canada and their major suppliers. Our experience in the Aviation & Aerospace industry allows us to place the right people in the right positions for mutual benefits of our clients and candidates.